Welcome to Football A-Z

Football A-Z is a football blog that covers a wide range of subjects related to international football. You can find news about transfers, football gossip, results and rankings, football history articles, nice football videos and many more.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Anelka questions Blues role


Striker Nicolas Anelka has warned Chelsea that he is unhappy after being asked to play out of position since joining the club. The France international has scored just two goals since joining the Blues from Bolton Wanderers in a £16million deal during the transfer window.

But speaking after making a brief cameo appearance at the end of Champions League Final defeat to Manchester United, the well-travelled striker has revealed his disenchantment with his start to life at Stamford Bridge. Anelka has been employed in a wide role on the few occasions he has started games for Avram Grant's side.

"I didn't come here to play on the left or right," he told L'Equipe. "When I came here, people told me I would play in a 4-4-2. "In England, I no longer need to prove that I am better through the middle. Since I arrived, I haven't played in my position. Never as a number nine, always on the left or the right. Until now, I haven't said anything. I was a newcomer, I haven't wanted to make a story out of it because I still didn't know the club. But from next season, I insist I will no longer be the little newcomer."

Source: http://www.football.co.uk

No comments: